Vacuum sealers are the best for preserving food
First of all, what exactly is a vacuum sealer? Vacuum sealer is nothing but a tool, which is used to remove air from the plastic pouch or any other specially designed containers, in order to preserve the food contained in it. The food items placed in these plastic pouches may involve vegetables, shelled peanuts, ground coffee, meat, poultry, seafood, cheese and many more things. These canisters and pouches may sometimes carry no-food products too.
The seals provided on the vacuum bags acts as a barrier against dust, water, oxygen and micro-organisms. Oxygen cannot be reintroduced in these bags because oxygen is the reason for degradation of fats (lipids), proteins ad carbohydrates, caused by the enzymes which are naturally present in the food. This pouch which acts as a barrier to moisture does not allow water to escape from products such as meat and cheese. These vacuum bags are available in various shapes and sizes such as:
- bags with side seams
- reseal able bags
- stand-up pouches
- foil pouches
- bags for cooking in water baths
- in rolls, where you cut a bag to the desired size and seal both ends
Now, what are benefits of using a vacuum sealer? Usually, there are a lot of benefits like:
- vacuum sealed food tastes better for longer time
- you can store food for a long time in your pantry and freezer
- you can have big potential savings on your food budget
- your family will waste less food comparatively
- you can save time as there will be fewer trips to buy grocery
- your storage and freezer space is more efficiently used
- cleaning of pans and pots will be less, as these sealer bags can be boiled and micro waved
- longer storage of food for short term, in your refrigerator and can be used frequently
- the products are easy to store and use as they are well designed
- the bags are safe, BPA free and environment friendly
Here are some of the top best vacuum sealer reviews:
- FoodSaver V4880 Fully Automatic Vacuum Sealing System:
It is a 2-in-1 sealing system, which allows to seal the food very easily and also enables the users to store meals for about 5 times lengthier than those usually stored in normal containers and jar. This sealer comes with a beginner’s kit and does not require any additional accessories.
- FoodSaver V2244 Vacuum Sealing System:
It is a manually operated machine which gives a good crush free sealing service instantly. Moreover, it is a light weight sealing machine which can be easily removed and is a safe dishwasher. You will also have a double side sealing strip which will give you a very good air tight sealing option.
- FoodSaver 4840 2-in-1 Vacuum Sealing System:
It is a fully automatic vacuum sealer. All you have to do is put the food to be sealed in the vacuum bag and put the open end in the vacuum channel of the machine. The machine will start vacuuming and sealing simultaneously.
Some of the other best Vacuum Sealers are –
- FoodSaver FM2100-000 Vacuum Sealing System
- Deluxe Vacuum Sealing kit
- SEAL-A-MEAL FSSMSL0160-000 VACUUM SEALER
- WESTON 65-0201 PRO-2300 VACUUM SEALER