Several know-how of a sump pump
Water logging in the basement is a common problem today. Water is pumped out from the basement by a sump pump. Water is collected in the sump basin before discharging it outside the house. You can install a sump pump either above or beneath the floor. A sump pump will be of great help, if you are living in a house with water problem. You should buy a well-reviewed and high quality sump pump for pumping out water from the basement. Checking out battery backup sump pump reviews will help you know about the details of sump pumps properly.
Installing a Sump Pump
There are various options to pump out water from the basement of your house. If you have moved in a house with water problem then the best way to get rid of such problem is to install a sump pump. Installing a sump pump is the best and efficient solution of the water logging issue. Draining the logged water from your basement to a nearby pond is the work of a sump pump.
- Select the place in your basement where moisture accumulation takes place. Dig a deep hole to install a sump pump. Digging a concrete floor is very easy to install a sump pump.
- A sump pump with weep holes helps to collect water from beneath and sides of the floor into the sump basin. Sludging and silting are prevented from clogging the basin if the basin exterior is wrapped around with a layer of filter fabric.
- Float valve should move freely so that the sump pump can work properly. A sump pump is turned on when the water level rises and float valve starts to float. Float valve must be tested before stepping forward.
- You must test run the sump pump after plugging in. A basin should be filled with water. A sump pump pumps out the water after the float valve rises up.
Selecting Sump Pump
If you are facing a serious water logging problem, then you must install a sump pump soon. Follow the tips for selecting sump pump properly –
- A submersible pump should be selected if you have space in your sump basin. Debris will not fall into the pit and pump noise can be reduced with the help of a submersible pump.
- A cast iron cored sump pump should be bought. Heat can be dissipated to the surrounding water with the help of cast iron. This sump pump has great longevity.
- The chance of clogging also minimizes. Solids up to ½ inch in diameter can be handled by a sump pump.
Secondary and Backup Sump Pump
Install a secondary pump if your basement has become a living area. A backup pumps works when a primary pump fails. You can install a battery backup sump pump for extra security. This pump works even when there is load shedding. You can also buy a package of two or three pumps. A water alarm can also be installed in case of the failure of primary pump. The float valve should be checked regularly to make sure that the sump pump works properly.
Make sure that your house is water free by installing a sump pump in your basement so that you can lead a tension free life.