Plasma cutters are helpful industrial tools
In the metal industry, the workers face different problems while cutting metals by ordinary instruments. However, this can be solved with the help of a plasma cutter. Plasma cutting is a methodology that is helped to cut steel and other metals of distinct thicknesses, with the help of a plasma torch.
The term plasma cutter deceives the characteristic and fundamental operation of the product. Actually, a plasma cutter is a metal cutter that uses plasma to liquefy the metal at the point of contact, thereby accomplishing a cut that is smoother than the eccentric process used by saws and drill-cutters. Also, this process is much cheaper and cleaner than that of an oxy-cutter.
Manual cutters vs. automatic cutters
- Metal cutters – It is the most common category of the plasma cutter. It requires the user to guide the cutter by hand. This type of cutters consists of a power supply, a separate nozzle and supply for the assist gas. The advantages are:
- More affordable compared to other categories.
- Accomplishes high speeds when the thin metal is used.
- Favorable for scenarios training to perform.
- Need no specific training to perform.
- Mechanized cutters – They are also referred to as automatic cutters. Typically, they have already set water and cutting tables and a pre-programmed circuit system which helps to drive the motor. Generally, they are needed for industrial operations including large and very thick pieces of metal. However, with the advancement of technologies, the demand of the mechanized cutters is increasing rapidly. The advantages are:
- Extremely efficient while covering a large piece of metals.
- Able to work as long as the power supply is constant.
- Cut is extremely consistent.
Start type of plasma cutters
Depending on the start type, these tools are divided into following categories that are mentioned below.
- Touch start
- Pilot Arc cutter
- HF pilot Arc cutter
- HF cutter
Best plasma cutters
Some exciting plasma cutter reviews is discussed.
- LT5000D Lotos 50A Air Inverter – This is one of the best inverter plasma cutters. The inverter’s DC current is produced using pulse width modulation (PWM) method and it is perfect for fast, smooth and accurate cuts. Interestingly, it does not cause any overloading or shorting, since the unit has been supplied with state-of-the-art transistors.
- Ramsond CUT 50DY – This contender brings a pilot cut strategy. This technique does not only provide an attractive cut, but also assures the user is fully cognizant of its status via pressure and amp display that have been accommodated at the back of the unit.
- Hobart Airforce 500534 250ci – This inverter comes with a built-in air compressor. It provides the unlimited supply of compressed air to the unit without the user having to expend anything extra. Apart from these, the compressed air also permits the unit to handle a wide range of conductive metals very efficiently.
Prosperities of plasma cutter
- Efficient cutting speed.
- Easy to use and maintain.
- A broad range of material and thickness.
- More affordable than other cutters.
- It uses the gas which is not highly flammable.
- Keeps the materials cool.